IIDEL Competition (Higher Education)
Click here for the list of IIDEL Competitors.
OBJECTIVES of Invention, Innovation & Design On e-Learning (IIDEL)
- Exhibit research, creation and innovation in teaching and learning by faculty’s members and students
- Sharing expertise and commercial, creative and innovative ideas
- Cultivate interests and encourage lecturers, and students to develop teaching materials in line with current technological developments
- GOLD: medal + certificate
- SILVER: medal + certificate
- BRONZE: medal + certificate
- IIDEL competition is open to all lecturer/ teacher/ staff/ student
- Participation may be as individual or in group (2 – 5 lecturers/ staff/ students)
- Combination of lecturer/ teacher, staff and students are encouraged
- Product or innovation must relate to learning technologies (e.g., video, courseware, website, learning spaces and environment, system and etc.)
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one entry. However, there will be a fee charged for each entry.
- Each entry must submit a completed entry form with an extended abstract and proof of payment via the Registration link.
- The extended abstract should consist of minimum of 700 words and a maximum of 1500 words including (References and Acknowledgements).
- Please prepare your paper using the templates available here.Download extended abstract template for MS Word
- The organizer reserves the right to reject any application for participation that have been sent if there is falsification of information.
EXHIBITION & PRESENTATION
- Participant must provide a poster of own product and perform presentation to the juries during carnival
- You will be notified of your turn to present by email / phone before the Carnival
- Poster size: A1 (594 x 841 mm / 23.4 x 33.1 inch) (width x height)
- Content of Poster: abstract, objectives, value added, usefulness, commercialization potential and awards
- You may provide additional materials such as brochures, photographs, certificates of appreciation, or other materials to support product innovation and revenue respectively.
- Booth exhibition will be provided by the organizer (1 table, 1 chair and electricity source unit). Participants must bring their own laptop (if necessary).
- The organizers do not provide access to the Internet during the competition. Participants are advised to bring their own broadband for data access or any information.
- Follow the below suggested poster template:
- Product evaluation or product innovations will be made by experienced judges, selected by the organizers.
- Participants are to exhibit and demonstrate their innovations in front of a panel of judges during the judging session.
- The time allocation for the presentation and question and answer is 10 minutes.
- Scoring criteria are based on:
- added value to the process of teaching and learning (P & P),
- evidences (e.g., newspaper article, journal etc.),
- presentation and content of the poster.
- The jury’s decision is final. Any appeals will not be entertained.